Who Owns Mazda?
Have you ever wondered who owns Mazda while browsing through the comprehensive Mazda inventory at Midlands Mazda? Whether this is your first Mazda or you’ve been hitting the roads in West Columbia in your Mazda for years, it’s good to have an understanding of Mazda’s long, exciting history. At Midlands Mazda, we have all of the interesting facts and information for you!
Founded in 1920 in Japan, Mazda began manufacturing tools before expanding their brand to automobiles in the 1930s. Now, they’re a Japenese owned company, but Ford owned one-third of the company at one point, and have since sold their shares.Mazda headquarters is in Hiroshima, Japan, with their cars mainly manufactured in their Japanese factories. Akira Marumoto has been President and CEO of Mazda since June 2018.
Mazda has had their ups and downs over the years, but nothing can top their various milestones:
- 1931 – Product of the three-wheel truck called the Mazda-Go
- 1967 – Creation of Mazda’s rotary engine. Because of this, came the Cosmo Sport, the world’s first volume production sports car powered by the rotary engine.
- 1975 – Mazda Motor of America (Central), Inc. established.
- 1982 – Mazda sells its one-millionth passenger car in the U.S.
- 1987 – Mazda Motor of America, Inc. moves into new North American headquarters in Irvine, CA.
- 1989 – Debut of the Mazda M-5 Miata, named 2016 World Car of the Year and World Car Design of the Year.
- 2010 – Launch of SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY, which was an innovative purpose that combines efficiency with performance through the vehicle’s body construction, transmission, engine technology, and much more!
Interesting Mazda Facts
Below are interesting Mazda facts that many people may not have known.
- The name Mazda comes from an Iranian god name Ahura Mazda, as well as the name of the company’s founder, Jujiro Matsuda.
- In 1984, the Mazda Foundation was established, as a way of giving back to the community.
- The Mazda logo has been redesigned five times, with the current logo initiated in 1997.
- In 2020, Mazda will celebrate its 100th anniversary!
Experience a Mazda at Midlands Mazda
It’s time to experience the astounding qualities that Mazda vehicles have to offer. Contact us with questions about our current inventory, vehicle specials, how to get a lower interest rate on a car loan, and how you can finance your dream car! We’ll share fun facts about Mazda’s history before you drive off our lot and onto the Irmo roads in your new Mazda!
Are you on the search for the 2020 Mazda3 Hatchback for sale in the West Columbia area? Midlands Mazda is here to showcase the three fantastic configurations available at our dealership. From the affordable Hatchback to the deluxe Preferred Package and the ultimate Premium Package, Irmo drivers are sure to find a perfect match within the Mazda3…
The 2019 Mazda CX-5 is a popular SUV for Irmo and Blythewood families due to its advanced features, sumptuous comfort, and premium design. But just how much can a Mazda CX-5 tow? Find out more about 2019 Mazda CX-5 towing capacity, and discover everything you need to know its performance with our experts at Midlands Mazda. New…
Are you looking for a full-sized SUV to add comfort, capability, and convenience to your everyday drives through West Columbia and Irmo? If so, the Mazda CX-9 interior could just have what it takes to help you blast through any to-do list in Lexington. Our team at Midlands Mazda is here to help you learn more about…