Who Owns Mazda?
Have you ever wondered who owns Mazda while browsing through the comprehensive Mazda inventory at Midlands Mazda? Whether this is your first Mazda or you’ve been hitting the roads in West Columbia in your Mazda for years, it’s good to have an understanding of Mazda’s long, exciting history. At Midlands Mazda, we have all of the interesting facts and information for you!
Founded in 1920 in Japan, Mazda began manufacturing tools before expanding their brand to automobiles in the 1930s. Now, they’re a Japenese owned company, but Ford owned one-third of the company at one point, and have since sold their shares.Mazda headquarters is in Hiroshima, Japan, with their cars mainly manufactured in their Japanese factories. Akira Marumoto has been President and CEO of Mazda since June 2018.
Mazda has had their ups and downs over the years, but nothing can top their various milestones:
- 1931 – Product of the three-wheel truck called the Mazda-Go
- 1967 – Creation of Mazda’s rotary engine. Because of this, came the Cosmo Sport, the world’s first volume production sports car powered by the rotary engine.
- 1975 – Mazda Motor of America (Central), Inc. established.
- 1982 – Mazda sells its one-millionth passenger car in the U.S.
- 1987 – Mazda Motor of America, Inc. moves into new North American headquarters in Irvine, CA.
- 1989 – Debut of the Mazda M-5 Miata, named 2016 World Car of the Year and World Car Design of the Year.
- 2010 – Launch of SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY, which was an innovative purpose that combines efficiency with performance through the vehicle’s body construction, transmission, engine technology, and much more!
Interesting Mazda Facts
Below are interesting Mazda facts that many people may not have known.
- The name Mazda comes from an Iranian god name Ahura Mazda, as well as the name of the company’s founder, Jujiro Matsuda.
- In 1984, the Mazda Foundation was established, as a way of giving back to the community.
- The Mazda logo has been redesigned five times, with the current logo initiated in 1997.
- In 2020, Mazda will celebrate its 100th anniversary!
Experience a Mazda at Midlands Mazda
It’s time to experience the astounding qualities that Mazda vehicles have to offer. Contact us with questions about our current inventory, vehicle specials, how to get a lower interest rate on a car loan, and how you can finance your dream car! We’ll share fun facts about Mazda’s history before you drive off our lot and onto the Irmo roads in your new Mazda!
When it comes to safety, tires are the most important features on your vehicle. When you need replacement parts, it’s essential to take home the right Mazda OEM parts that you need. And of course, it’s important to know what Mazda3 tire size is right for you! Learn more about the Mazda OEM parts you…
Drivers in and around Lexington know they need an SUV that offers enough space for cargo and passengers alike. While you already know the Mazda CX-5 offers impressive efficiency, but what about convenience and capability? Learn more about Mazda CX-5 dimensions to see how it can help you tackle your to-dos from Cayce to West Columbia!…
Lexington drivers agree that the 2019 Mazda CX-5 offers everything they need to make the most of their Cayce drives. However, drivers always love to make their Mazda CX-5 feel more unique and personal. There are several items available from our Mazda parts department that will help you enhance the interior and exterior of your…